Businesses that invest in PPC ads often spend all of their time trying to create the perfect ad in order to get clicks. They’ll spend a lot of time researching the most effective keywords, creating attractive offers, using smart language and implementing inspiring calls-to-action. But they’ll often end up putting minimal effort into their PPC landing pages. The following are seven ways that you can improve your PPC landing pages in order to boost your conversion rate:
- Add calls-to-action – Just because your PPC ad has a call-to-action doesn’t mean your landing page doesn’t need one. You need to tell your visitors what you want them to do on your landing page in order for them to do it, so make sure you use calls-to-action that are noticeable and well placed.
- Keep important information above the fold – You don’t want visitors scrolling through your landing page in search of the information they are looking for. If they can’t see what they are looking for within five seconds, they’re more likely to leave without being converted.
- Make your copy easy to scan – Don’t present your visitors with enormous blocks of text. This will only intimidate them into leaving. Use lots of white space and break your text up using headers, bullet points, numbers and more. You want your text to be easy for visitors to scan over quickly.
- Make sure your landing pages load quickly – Your landing pages should take less than five seconds to load completely. The use of too many images, animated graphics or big flash files could cause your pages to load slower. The slower the pages load, the more likely your visitors are to back out.
- Provide social proof – People are often hesitant to provide personal information – and for good reason. So prove your legitimacy by providing social proof, such as the number of social media likes and shares your page has and customer testimonials.
- Keep your form short – Don’t ask for too much information. The more questions you ask, the less comfortable your visitors will be filling out your form.
It’s important to realize that just because someone has clicked on your PPC ad that they aren’t necessarily guaranteed to schedule a consultation with your law firm (or whatever action you’re encouraging on your landing page). A digital marketing agency will use tips like these to ensure that your landing pages are as effective as possible.